Important Information For Buyers
The Benefits of using a Buyer’s Agent
As a consumer, how often do you buy property? Once, twice, three times in your lifetime? Purchasing real estate is a complex and major transaction with many details to be handled. In the majority of cases the seller will be represented by an agent. Wouldn’t you want to have a complete and fair representation in the real estate transaction?
The real estate buyer agent is responsible for protecting their client’s best interests. Research by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS has shown that when a buyer agent is used, the prospective buyer found a home one week faster and examined three more properties than those consumers who did not use a buyer agent.
Using a Buyers Representative offers the consumer many benefits:
- Evaluate the specific needs and wants of the buyer and locate properties that fit those specifications.
- Assist the buyer in determining the amount that they can afford (pre-qualify) and help locate a lender who can help them with their specific needs such as 100% loans or to search for the best rate and closing costs. In addition, show properties in that price range that feels comfortable.
- Assist in viewing properties and either accompanies the client on the showings or preview properties on behalf of the client to insure that the identified specifications are met.
- Research the selected properties to identify any problems or issues to help the consumer in making an informed decision prior to making an appropriate offer on the property.
- Advise the client on structuring an appropriate offer to purchase the selected property.
- Present the offer to the seller’s agent on their client’s behalf.
- Negotiate on behalf of the buyer client to help obtain the identified property. Keep in mind that the buyer’s agent will be doing so with their client’s best interest in mind.
- Review and explain all legal documents pertaining to the transaction to their buying client.
- Recommendations and assistance in securing appropriate financing for the selected property.
- Provide a list of potential qualified movers, inspectors, and carpenters if these services are needed by the consumer.
What is most important is that the buyer would know that they are fully represented throughout the real estate transaction. Call the real estate professionals at Stutesman’s Action Realty.