The growth of social media and real estate websites has had many positive impacts on selling and buying real estate but not without some negative impacts. Yes, it has given us the convenience of scrolling through thousands of homes at all hours of the day. On the other hand, many people have attempted to buy and/or sell real estate solo resulting in headaches for many. On the front end the saving the real estate commission sounds like a great idea, however, more often than not, going at it alone comes with many obstacles that many are not equipped to deal with. Real estate agents are used to dealing with these issues and know how to avoid many of them such as scams and incorrect or missing paperwork.
They can also help you prepare a purchase contract agreement that will protect you, alert you if a home is priced over market value of if an offer is too low, and more. Other benefits to hiring a real estate professional are:
- Recommend trustworthy lenders.
- Often has knowledge of soon-to-be listings before they are exposed on the open market.
- They help buyers prepare a solid offer by guiding them on a fair sales price reflective of the market.
- Help buyers and sellers negotiate price. A real estate professional is knowledgeable about prices that are reflective of the actions of buyers and sellers in the market.
- Attend a home inspection on your behalf.
- Negotiate repairs, if necessary. If damages or repairs are found, an agent will negotiate for the seller to fix all repairs before closing.
- Communicates with the seller’s or buyer’s agent
- Help you get to closing. The mortgage process is complicated, but a real estate professional will make sure you get to closing and move into your new home.
If you are thinking of buying or selling a home or other real estate, contact Stutesman Action Realty at one of the three convenient locations, 1.833.286.8400. You will be glad you avoided the headache of trying to do it all on your own. Let the professionals do the work for you and make the process a smooth one.