The holidays aren’t always considered to be the best time to sell your home, but that isn’t necessarily true, especially in the current real estate climate where demand is high, and supply is low. People typically associate the time of year when the grass is turning green as the optimal time to sell, but don’t limit yourself to the warmer temperatures if you are considering selling. Here are a few reasons why:
- Inventory is lower, limiting competition.
- Buyers that are actively looking during this time of year tend to be more serious and ready to make a decision when they find what they want.
- Holiday decorations can make your home more inviting and create an emotional connection to potential buyers.
If you decide to list your home during the holidays, here are a few tips:
- Make your home festive, but don’t go overboard. If your home is too crowded it will give the impression that it isn’t large enough and/or keep potential buyers from moving freely to get a good look.
- To solidify the holiday experience, fill your home with the smell of the holidays. Try this stovetop simmering potpourri recipe from A Modern Homestead.
- Make sure decorations don’t block beautiful views or unique architectural features.
- Keep stairs and walkways free of snow, ice, and leaves to maintain everyone’s safety and curb appeal.
- Create a great video tour to entice online shoppers to want to take an in-person tour.
Are you ready to list your home this holiday season? Give Stutesman’s Action Realty a call, 833.268.8400. A real estate professional will give you tips on making your home holiday perfect to entice any buyer.