Thinking of getting in on the hot seller’s market? Who could blame you? There is certainly more demand than supply right now. To get top dollar for your home, take these simple steps before listing:
- Give your house a deep cleaning. First impressions are everything, so don’t let dirty floors or dusty surfaces overshadow all the great things about your home. Foul smells are a major turn off to buyers. You may want to consider hiring a professional.
- Declutter and organize. This means closets, cabinets, pantries, countertops, etc. It’s hard for buyers to focus on the actual home when it is full of clutter and overflowing closets.
- If you’ve been putting off fixing that leaky faucet, squeaky doors, or running toilets, now is the time to do all those repairs and maintenance that you’ve been putting off. Buyers will think the home hasn’t been well maintained.
- A fresh coat of neutral paint on the walls will make your home appear bigger, brighter and more welcoming. Especially get rid of any bright walls. Favorite neutral paints are whites, light grays, and light beiges. Benjamin Moore’s Chantilly Lace is a favorite true white and Sherwin Williams’ Repose Gray is a great gray wall color choice.
- Now that you’ve gotten the inside in tip-top shape, spruce up the exterior by making any necessary repairs. Make sure the grass is cut, the weeds are pulled, and the landscaping is trimmed.
- Hire a professional real estate agent to list your home. By enlisting a professional, your home will get the maximum exposure by being listed on the multi-listing service where thousands of agents and potential buyers will see it.
Stutesman Action Realty can help you list and sell your home. One of the professional real estate agents will offer you additional tips to maximize your home’s selling potential and will be there throughout the purchase negotiations and closing. Call today, 833.286.8400.